Monday, May 22, 2017

Gladys T. Turner Thoughts About Self

After my mother's death in 2002, I brought home a supply of notebooks I had used at AM&N College, Moton High School, Atlanta University, Fulton County Public Welfare Department, and Cook County Hospital Social Services.


" My intellectual interest arises from my desire to understand the basic problems of group life, a consciousness of how people meet their basic needs by controlling or altering their environment and a desire to render service to those unable to make transitions or meet their basic needs in a changing social order. In addition to giving service I want to participate with others in determining causes of social problems:
(1) to think deeply and help in community planning and projects in order to help alleviate conditions of physical, mental, emotional, economic, and social maladjustment.

(2) To help others understand social realities through planned realistic experiences. The presentation of knowledge, the developing of useful skills and attitudes that are consistent and harmoniously related brings a very important reward, the satisfaction of doing a job that is meaningful and important in helping tomorrow's good citizens in every walk of life. Walking with people from day to day makes each hour a challenging experience."   Gladys T. Turner----  Moton High School Note book, 1956

"To me he's a fabulous character.
  (and I love him so)
  He walks by my side and I dance on air.
  I find he's a kind of a special guy
  I kiss him and I know why.
  (my life is a song)
   He's so marvelous
   no one can compare
   Till now my life was a merry-go-round
   I never knew a carefree day."   Gladys T. Turner--- Moton High School Note book, 1956 re James
   Whitley, College boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment